Wednesday, March 26, 2008

the beach at nightfall

During Spring Break, my kids were really wanting to go to the beach. Because I had to prepare for a retreat on the weekend, I was very busy during the whole spring break. But I wanted to be sure that we got to the beach, even if just for a couple of hours.

So last Thursday, we finally made it. We got there at 6pm. I was afraid this was going to be a disappointment for the kids, but it turned out to be for the best.

The traffic on the island was awful and seawall parking was overrun. But folks were just starting to head out as we got there, so we had a very pleasant couple of hours on the beach. We ended up being there for a while by ourselves.

Even though it was windy and cold, my daughter swam and played in the waves. Both kids ended up having a mud fight. We walked out on the jetty and walked on the rocks along the beach. Seeing the moon rise above the ocean was gorgeous.

It is fun to spend time on the beach at an hour other than you usually would. It is a great time to relax and reconnect as a family.

No comments: