Thursday, October 18, 2007

cooking together

I like to cook as much as possible and I think it's great when my kids help me. I let my son start at about three years old, doing things like stirring and breaking spaghetti noodles. My six year old nephew helps me out a lot in the kitchen. He likes to do anything he can. Just yesterday I needed to stand at the stove to do a continuous stirring sauce, so he whipped the heavy cream we needed for a dessert all by himself until I could come give him a hand. He says that as soon as he is tall enough, he will be able to help me do everything in the kitchen.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love to think about the time in a few year when my darlings will be cooking with me. And from what I've eaten, Z is quite a chef in the making!

silken said...

I really enjoy it. sometimes it seems it's more hassle than it's worth letting them "help" me, but in the long run, it really is worth it. especially when they are bigger and don't need so much help, it's really great then! and Z really is getting good!