Monday, April 9, 2007

Spades

We taught our youngest to play spades this past year. It is a good card game, but does require four people to play. There are many variations on this game, though many people play some variation of this card game. Rules can be found online . It is good for families with older children, who can listen to the rules, which can be a little confusing when first learning. It does take some patience while the kids are learning, but it's a great way to spend a family night. When traveling it's easy to strike up a game anytime you have to wait. And when the kids go off to college, it's a great card game to get up with friends, often a little more safe than those college poker games!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love spades. We played it for hours when I was a kid. My dad and I couldn't be beat.

Great site.

sapheyerblu

silken said...

my husband's family are notorious spades players!
thanks for stopping in!

PogoGuy said...

Spades is my favorite card game!! I play with a bunch of my friends on Pogo.com every day after work. They have other free online card and board games that are just fun to play either by yourself or with other players. I recommend this site to all of my family and friends!

http://www.pogo.com/card-games

-PG